Fire Service Leadership and Executive Development
The City of Atlanta will be conducting two new fire service leadership courses you do not want to miss!
Leadership in Supervision: Perspectives in Thinking
April 24-25, 2018
This two-day course provides the supervisor with the conceptual foundation and framework for
success in leadership roles by exploring creative, analytical, political and critical thinking
perspectives. The course addresses skills needed for assessing situations from multiple
perspectives, making critical decisions, fostering creativity and innovation, and using persuasion.
Applications for NFA courses that do not include a SID will not be processed, failure to provide
the SID will result in the student not receiving credit for the course.
Leadership in Supervision: Frameworks to Success
May 3-4, 2018
This two-day course provides the supervisor with the knowledge and skills to perform
successfully in the fire and Emergency Medical Services environments. The course addresses
professionalism, resilience, emotional intelligence, and situational awareness, as well as
managing conflict, delegating mentoring, coaching, empowering, and building collaboration and
synergy for professional growth.
Where: City of Atlanta Fire Rescue, 407 Ashwood Ave SW, Atlanta, GA 30315
Who Should Attend: The primary target audience for these courses are those individuals who are at the first line level of supervision. For purposes of student selection first line level is considered to be those at the Company Officer or Unit (fire prevention, fire education, communications, EMS, etc.) Supervisor level. More specifically primary selection criteria are as follows:
- First line supervisors in fire and emergency medical services organizations
- Fire and emergency medical services personnel due for promotion/appointment to a first
- line supervisory position within 18 months
- Fire and emergency medical services personnel who are regularly assigned acting
- supervisory positions
- Fire and emergency medical services personnel currently enrolled in the NFA Managing
- Officer will be provided priority selection
- The secondary target audiences are fire and EMS personnel at the first line management
- level (Chief Officer or above). Students at this level may be given consideration on a
- space available basis.
To obtain a SID:
- Register at https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid
- Select “Need a FEMA SID?” on the right side of the screen.
- Follow the instructions to create your account.
- You will receive an email with your SID. Save this number in a secure location.