Under limited supervision, serves as an instructor for public safety training in basic/advanced fire service related topics. Participates in needs assessment, research, design, and evaluation of statewide public safety training programs. Demonstrates teamwork and high degree of customer service.
Instructor of topics including, but not limited to, Basic Firefighter and live fire training. There are long periods of standing, climbing, bending, and squatting required. Year-round training in all weather conditions. Wearing of full gear is required when demonstrating practical exercises.
- Administers day-to-day operations for assigned training region or programs
- Participates in the research and design of statewide training programs
- Plans, coordinates, and schedules training classes you are assigned
- Develops instructional material and teaching aids; updates training materials to reflect current developments
- Maintains accurate training records; provides certificates
- Makes recommendations for improvement of courses
- Inspects facilities and equipment regularly to identify and correct unsafe conditions
- Trains students in critical public safety skills or specialties
- Models and demonstrates skills and techniques correctly
- Guides trainees during field exercises, enforces safety protocols
- Performs job responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Serves as job expert or organization resource in assigned areas
- Maintains required certification(s)
Eighteen months of work experience as an instructor providing training, development, and delivery in various fire related topics. In good standings with Georgia Fire Standards and Training.
Selected candidate subject to a 7-year clean criminal record background check and negative drug screening results.
Job Vacancy Announcement #19-010042
Submit required application and supplemental documents to:
- Human Resources – GPSTC
1000 Indian Springs Drive
Forsyth, Georgia 31029,
- Email application packet to [email protected], OR
- Fax to (478) 993-4229
Application deadline is November 8, 2019. Submissions must be made no later than 5:00 p.m. of the deadline date.
Contact (478) 993-4411 with any questions.
- State of Georgia Application for Employment (completed & signed)
- Resume (Optional to those providing sufficient detail in application to describe duties performed in current/past employment.)
- Copy of GFSTC transcript
Submitted application & documents will be reviewed to determine those applicants selected for interview appointment.