Description of Duties & Responsibilities: Under limited supervision, serves as a supervisor for the Volunteer Training Initiative and the Special Operations training program. Instructs for public safety training in basic, advanced or specialized topics. Participates in needs assessment, research, design and evaluation of statewide public safety training programs. Demonstrates teamwork and high degree of customer service.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or GED AND three years of work experience as an instructor in a fire service training program applicable to the area of assignment, one year of which is at a supervisor or lead trainer level.
Preferred Qualifications: Preference may be given to those applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum training & experience requirements, possess one or more of the following:
- Possession of Georgia Firefighter certification.
- Certification as a Hazardous Materials Technician
- Specialization and/or certification and/or substantial training background in Technical Rescue and Haz Mat.
- Experience supervising a cadre of instructors, including but not limited to, hiring, training, evaluating, and disciplinary action.
- Experience supervising a fire-training complex and related equipment/facilities.
- Experience in the planning and development of training programs which are based on specified goals and objectives and/or state mandates for training.
Application instructions: PS Trainer 4, Fire Academy Volunteer Initiative/Special Ops