The instructor in this position will coordinate and conduct regional classroom-based lectures and practical skills building sessions for the Georgia Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) training program. They will collaborate with local law enforcement agencies, behavioral health care providers, NAMI, and other advocates. The instructor will participate in needs assessment, research, design, and evaluation of statewide training programs. The successful candidate will travel to areas outside their assigned area and, therefore, must be able to occasionally travel overnight.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to travel regularly.
- Working knowledge of PC applications, such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, e-mail, and internet.
- Eighteen months of experience as an instructor providing training development and delivery in various law enforcement topics.
- Experience in Law Enforcement work.
- Possession of Georgia P.O.S.T. General Instructor Certification.
- Possession of a valid Georgia Driver’s License.
Preference may be given to applicants who possess one or more of the following:
- Is a current Georgia CIT Instructor;
- Has actively served on a CIT response team;
- Has completed Georgia CIT coursework.
The position is based in Forsyth; however, the instructor is allowed to live close to their assigned area in Georgia. Qualified applicants in South Georgia will be given priority. Selected candidates will be subject to criminal records background, Motor Vehicle Request and drug screening clearance.
Job Vacancy Announcement #19-010020
Submit required application and supplemental documents to:
- Human Resources – GPSTC
1000 Indian Springs Drive
Forsyth, Georgia 31029,
- Email application packet to [email protected], OR
- Fax to (478) 993-4229
Application deadline is April 29, 2019. Submissions must be made no later than 5:00 p.m. of the deadline date.
Contact (478) 993-4411 with any questions.
- State of Georgia Application for Employment (completed & signed)
- Copy of P.O.S.T. Officer Profile Report reflecting certifications, employment & training record
- Resume (Optional to those providing sufficient detail in application to describe duties performed in current/past employment.)
- Copy of DD214 (as applicable)
Submitted application & documents will be reviewed to determine those applicants selected for interview appointment.