Open to all qualified applicants.
Under limited supervision, serves as an instructor for public safety training in basic, advanced, or specialized topics primarily for the volunteer firefighting community. Participates in needs assessments, research, design, and evaluation of statewide public safety training programs. Demonstrates teamwork and high degree of customer service through communication, building relationships, interpreting needs, and assisting local level volunteer fire departments statewide with their training.
This position requires weekend and evening work as well as statewide travel to attend regional meetings and to make presentations and/or provide training to large groups and volunteer firefighters.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Excellent writing and research skills.
- Working knowledge of computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email, and Internet.
- Ability to teach, lecture, and conduct practical exercises in a safe, clear, concise, and understandable manner.
- Ability to perform research using a variety of mediums.
- Ability to develop lesson plans and reference material.
- Ability to obtain position specific instructor certifications within time frame.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Willingness to travel in support of the position requirements.
- Demonstrated commitment to professional growth and development.
High school diploma or GED. Eighteen months of progressive work experience as an instructor providing curriculum development and training delivery of fire service related topics covering such areas as basic firefighting, live fire, pressurized container, hazardous material response, or other fire service related programs.
Preference may be given to applicants who possess one or more of the following:
possession of Georgia Firefighter certification; minimum of four recent years of fire service work experience; specialization in an advanced subject area applicable to a fire service related program; possession of NPQ Instructor II level certification and/or Georgia POST General Instructor certification.
Selected candidate subject to criminal records background and drug screening clearance.
Job Vacancy Announcement #19-010026
Submit required application and supplemental documents to:
- Human Resources – GPSTC
1000 Indian Springs Drive
Forsyth, Georgia 31029,
- Email application packet to [email protected], OR
- Fax to (478) 993-4229
Application deadline is July 17, 2019. Submissions must be made no later than 5:00 p.m. of the deadline date.
Contact (478) 993-4411 with any questions.
- State of Georgia Application for Employment (completed & signed)
- Resume (Optional to those providing sufficient detail in application to describe duties performed in current/past employment.)
Submitted application & documents will be reviewed to determine those applicants selected for interview appointment.