Open to all qualified applicants.
Under general supervision, performs inspections, preventive maintenance, and repairs of electric/electronic power systems and associated machinery, and physical structures and equipment, such as plumbing fixtures, refrigeration units; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) and electrical devices at GPSTC facility. Responsible for supervision of state inmate workers and other staff.
Essential Functions require the ability to lift, push, pull, and carry heavy items. Prolonged standing, stooping, and walking is required. Must not object to working off ladders. Must not have fear of heights, climbing, wearing safety equipment or working in close places.
One year of experience performing clerical duties of moderate difficulty that required the use of independent judgement and initiative and involved personal computer usage. Basic knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and databases. Demonstrated ability to accurately perform data entry. High School diploma or GED required.
Preference may be given to applicants who possess one or more of the following:
- Have completed a formalized HVAC, electrical and/or wireman apprentice program;
- EPA 608 Universal refrigerant certification;
- GA Dept. of Labor Safety Engineering Class II & III-1 certification for boiler installation, service, and maintenance; or
- Journeyman level experience in the HVAC, electrical, and/or similar trade.
Actual salary commensurate with certifications & experience offered by candidate and funding availability. Selected candidate subject to criminal records background and drug screening clearance.
Job Vacancy Announcement #19-010023
Submit required application and supplemental documents to:
- Human Resources – GPSTC
1000 Indian Springs Drive
Forsyth, Georgia 31029,
- Email application packet to [email protected], OR
- Fax to (478) 993-4229
Application deadline is June 28, 2019. Submissions must be made no later than 5:00 p.m. of the deadline date.
*This posting may close at any time prior to the posted close date, once a suitable applicant pool is identified.
Contact (478) 993-4411 with any questions.
- State of Georgia Application for Employment (completed & signed)
- Resume (Optional to those providing sufficient detail in application to describe duties performed in current/past employment.)
Submitted application & documents will be reviewed to determine those applicants selected for interview appointment.