The following equipment is required of cadets attending the Basic Law Enforcement Training Program at GPSTC Savannah.
- Black Shoes/Boots: one pair (must hold a shine, inspected daily)
- Academy Logo polo shirts, white (3)
- Academy Logo t-shirts, navy (3)
- Pants, khaki (5.11 Tactical cotton preferred)
- Belt, black
- Academy Logo baseball hat (1)
- Shorts, gray or black (1)
- Athletic Shoes (1 pair)
- Duty Belt, black (leather or nylon)
- Holster (leather or nylon), security level 2 minimum
- Pistol with three magazines and magazine pouch in .40, .45 or 9mm calibers.
Pre-service candidates must have pistol approved prior to the first day of class. Pre-service candidates may be able to borrow Academy pistols if they are available, so please check before purchasing a weapon.
- Weapon cleaning supplies (recommended)
- Flashlight with batteries and flashlight holder/ring
- Handcuffs with keys and handcuff case (no corrections high security cuffs, please)
- Expandable baton and baton holster. Pre-service candidates may borrow this from the academy.
- Training pistols (artificial weapons) will be issued to all students by the Academy
- Groin protector (required) and mouth guard (optional)
- Safety glasses
- Classroom supplies (notebook, paper, pencils, black ball point pens)
- A flash drive (thumb drive) for downloading required material. The Peace Officers Reference Text (PORT) will be provided to you this way.
For a list of local vendors that stock Academy logo merchandise, please contact the Academy.