The GPSTC - Augusta conducts a 408-hr. Basic Law Enforcement Training Course, Basic Jailor Training on and off campus, various Advanced and Specialized Training Courses also conducted on and off campus, and In-Service Training.
2092 Green Land Road
Blythe, GA 30805
Phone: (706) 592-1518
FAX: (706) 592-1905
Richard Dixon, Training Manager
For a list of courses offered at this academy, click here.
Student Authorization Form, click here.
The registration form requires Adobe Acrobat Reader. Most web browsers have the reader already installed. If you need the latest version, CLICK HERE. The reader is FREE.
- Boots / Shoes Black, must be able to hold a shine (inspected daily).
- You will be required to purchase at least two red polo shirts with academy logo, one red academy t-shirt, two pair khaki pants, one khaki hat. Uniform must be obtained before the first day of school
- Workout clothes Solid color sweat parts or shorts. Shorts must be mid thigh in length. Academy T-Shirt from Artistic Design.
- Workout shoes (cross-country, running, tennis, etc)
- Duty belt Leather or Nylon.
- Holster - Leather or Nylon, Security Level 1 minimum.
- Handcuffs with keys and handcuff case.
- Pistol, two magazines (.40, .45, or 9mm calibers).
- Weapon cleaning supplies are recommended.
- Two Cell Flashlight with batteries.
- The Peace Officer Reference Text (PORT) is provided, but may not be marked or highlighted. The PORT is available for purchase by students for $35 + 7% tax ($2.45) = $37.45. Payment is by money order or certified check from an individual. An agency buying the PORT is not charged tax and may use a departmental / city / county check payable to the Georgia Public Safety Training Center for $35.
- Other items recommended are one small old towel and one large old towel. Water bottle for PT. Pens, #2 pencils, notebooks with paper, jacket or coat depending on weather, must be black with no writing on it unless issued from Department.
* All dates and training topics are subject to change.
Peace Officers may access their training records by logging onto www.gapost.org.